The new programming grid has gone live with many new specialist programs to cater to the diverse LGBTI communities.
Check out some of the new programs going to air:
- 2300 Monday – Urban Dreaming with Sir Rummy and Miss Ellaneous
After co-presenting with Ande K on Black, White and Rainbow for a couple of months, Suri Bin-Saad (Sir Rummy) is taking the reins on his own program communicating diversity and empowerment in the arts from indigenous and non-indigenous communities. Suri joins JOY after doing radio in The Kimberley, and is an artist and dancer in his own right (and was even in the top 14 of So You Think You Can Dance in 2008!!). Miss Ellaneous is one of this country’s finest Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander drag queens who’s just moved from Darwin. Welcome Miss Ellaneous!
- 2000 Tuesday – Beyond the Binary with Rory Blundell
Rory explores gender diversity with this brand new program. He’ll be joined by a special guest each week to go ‘beyond the binary’. Transpositions takes a break as Michelle moves to Family Matters and Megan takes a JOY vacation.
- 2100 Tuesday – Our House with David Gale, Paul McClure and Russ Masterton
David Gale (The Informer, Jess and Mitch’s newsreader), Paul McClure (JOY radio graduate) and Russ Masterton (Escape Pod) explore real estate for our communities, each week talking to a specialized guest to pick their brains with tips to share, information on how we live and practical solutions to how to put a roof over your head. Keep an ear out for their ‘gaybourhood of the week’!
- 2200 Tuesday – Triple Bi-Pass with Anthony, Kristina and Ruby
Improving bi visibility, Anthony (Well Well Well) and Kristina (media practitioner and voice actor) along with Ruby (The Informer) will “uplift and empower bisexuals by making it clear that we think that they should be open about their sexuality and celebrate who they are. We will make young bisexuals realise that they are not alone. We will inform the LGTIQ community about bi people and their fabulosity.”
- 0100 Wednesday – Our Mosh Pit with JJ
Adding to our line-up profiling various metal, hardcore, punk and scene bands, JJ (Jayden, recent JOY training grad) brings more of a music genre we don’t have much of! Our Mosh Pit (hardcore and metal) will follow Stevie’s Get Loud (rock) on Tuesday nights.
- 2300 Wednesday – Soul Provider with Matt Warne
Matt Warne (JOY radio training grad and Bent Notes fill-in) brings us retro soulful house & acid jazz from the early 90s to today.
- 2000 Thursday – Family Matters with Gina, Bec, Michelle and Adrian
The team explore all things from starting to raising a rainbow family. Hosted by Gina Lambropoulos (JOY radio training grad, OutTakes), Bec Dahl (Stand Up Straight, Chicks Talkin’ Footy), Michelle Sheppard (Transpositions) and the JOY return of Adrian Perillo! (Andy and Adrian)
- 0000 Friday – Laugh Out Proud with Paul and Michael
Showcasing up-and-coming LGBTIQ and other talent from Melbourne’s diverse underground comedy scene, Paul Gormley (Triple Threat podcaster, ACU Campus Radio and SYN alumni) and Michael Zerbi (ACU Campus Radio and SYN alumni) do their show LIVE at midnight!
- 0930 Saturday – Got Money? With Elizabeth Jackson and Ron Malhotra.
Elizabeth (radio training grad) and Ron (Southern FM) take the mystery out of making and growing money in this power-packed half hour program.
- 1700 Saturday – The Silverfox with Gillian Bartlett
The return of the ever-popular and talented Gillian Bartlett (The G-Spot) with music and chat that’s funny, irreverent, positive, intelligent and relevant to the generation that came of age in the 60s and 70s.
- 2100 Saturday – GlitterBOMB with Ellie Mills.
Ellie (radio training grad) brings the best new and alternative dance music from around the world. It’s going to be the perfect way to start your Saturday night!!
Returning to the grid:
- 0900 Sunday – Sunday Sleep-in with Katie Pervis.
Katie Purvis returns her mix of perfect music to wake up to on a Sunday while Anita takes Women On Waves off for a grid, escaping the winter and enjoying a cruise!
Specialist show movements:
- Bite Me Down Under moves an hour earlier to 2200 Monday
- Been There Done That to 2300 Tuesday from midnight Wednesday
- Get Loud moves one day to midnight Tuesday, followed by Our Mosh Pit to create our brand new rock and metal night! (Triple J’s is Wednesday night and SYN’s is Thursday, so it’s quite perfect!)
- Little Pod of JOY moves to midnight Thursday
- Bek-fast now finishes half an hour earlier to make room for Liz and Ron on Got Money?
- SASS moves one hour later to 1800
- Behind The Curtain moves to midnight Sunday
This programming grid finishes on 27 November.
Recent posts in Uncategorized