Delta Goodrem Dear Life (SME) Sigala ft. John Newman & Nile Rodgers Give Me Your Love (ASTRX/UMA) Galantis No Money (WMA) Jason Derulo If It Ain’t Love (WBR/WMA) Alex Newell, Jess Glynne & DJ Cassidy […]
JOY Music Mix
Melbourne's most uplifting music mix weekdays
Presented by The JOY weekday crew
Melbourne's Most uplifting music mix weekdays.
JOY 94.9 strives to bring you Melbourne's most uplifting music mix, for your working day.
Our breakfast and drive shows and right across our week day is filled with a blend of uplifting, upbeat pop, R&B, remixes and vocal dance sourced from all corners of the world.
We'll mix the best of what you might be hearing elsewhere, with something you won't hear anywhere else and we'll throw in a classic from the 70s, 80s, 90s and the naughties as well.
We'll make sure you're hearing lots of new music during the day, keeping you up to date with many of your favourite artists and many more you'll want to get to know.
The 'sound' your hear is pulled together by our Music Director, Chris Jameson, keeping all these things in mind and ensuring we meet the criteria set out by our own music policy.
You can check out all the music added to the weekday music mix by following our music blog.
Specialist music shows for every taste
Our specialty music programs across the schedule showcase everything from country, urban, jazz and alternative through to world music, acoustic, classical and folk.
Check out the current program grid for details of what and when these shows air.
Not Hearing Your Preferred Style of Music?
If your genre is not represented then think about becoming a volunteer presenter and submitting a program proposal to the Program Director. The station is interested in all genres of music, especially if it's not currently represented on our program grid.
The Music Team
- Chris Jameson, Music Director - team leader and responsible for new music selection, scheduling and rotation of the week day music mix
- Leo Stubbing, Assistant Music Director - liaison with labels, promoters and artists for placement of music interviews
- Dylan Adler, Assistant Music Director - liaison with labels, promoters and artists for placement of music interviews
- Richard Walters, CD Librarian - ensures all incoming music to the station is quickly and accurately made available and promoted to our presenter teams
Contacting the Music Team
To contact Chris, Dylan and Leo you can email email@example.com.
Getting your Music on JOY
The music team will listen, assess and review all music sent into the station and the reviews, recommendations and CDs are made available to our specialist program presenters.
If you're Aussie, independent or identify as part of the GLBTI community and your music is in the uptempo pop / funk /dance-pop realm send a stream link to Chris Jameson for weekday playlist consideration. Weekday music on JOY 94.9 is selected based on our music policy as well as a fit for our signature uplifting sound.
To send physical media to the station, ship your CD and BIO to:
9/225 Bourke St
Melbourne, VIC, 3000
We'll have a listen and see where and how it could fit.
You can also send a disc directly to programs that play the genre of music you make - check the names of the programs and presenters on the program schedule.
JOY Music Policy
- More than 30% of music played will be from Australian artists or produced in Australia.
- More than 15% of music played will be from out-and-proud GLBTIQ artists
- The music will positively promote artists who are underrepresented in mainstream media
- The station will support artists who have clearly demonstrated a public commitment to the GLBTIQ community
Kylie Auldist Family Tree (IND) Love & Other Crimes Imagination (SME) Bielfield Kings & Queens (SME) Pet Shop Boys The Pop Kids (X2/KLX) Taylor Swift New Romantics (UMA) Melbourne-based independent singer-songwriter Kylie Auldist – best […]
Joel Adams Please Don’t Go (WWR) Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP From Me to You (SIO) ASTA Wild Emotions (WMA) Colette Carr Play House (KAWAIINATION) Melissa Etheridge Take My Name (SME) Nineteen-year-old Brisbane-based independent singer-songwriter […]