NOW
NEXT
LATER
NOW
NEXT
LATER
NOW
NEXT
LATER

The Informer

14 Dec 2017

Project Rockit, empowering students to stand up to hate

Kids & Family, Media, Media, Mental Health, News & Politics, Society & Culture, the informer, World News

On this episode of The Informer we explore the themes of social media bullying further as we look at what it means as well as how it is being combated. We speak to victims, experts and activists that use the internet as a way to express and explore themes in our communities and how we can guard ourselves against that being portrayed in a negative light.

First up we speak to Lucy Thomas from the peer group Project Rockit, who, for over ten years have been empowering school students to stand up to hate instead of standing by and watching. Through the lens of cyber bullting, their workshops explore themes of diversity, belonging, respectful relationships, values and ethics while building student voices, leadership and empathy.

RECENT PODCAST

Religious Discrimination Bill legalises discrimination opponents say | MQFF rebuffs calls to cut film funded by Israeli gov | The Informer – 25 Nov 2021

25 Nov 2021

Business

– The federal government has tabled its long-awaited Religious Discrimination Bill. The legislation would weaken some existing protections for LGBTQIA+ ...