By requesting a membership you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- You may obtain a membership package or renew by telephone/fax (or online when available). By doing so you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the JOY Rules of Association and Constitution.
- The annual subscription is due and payable in advance , the amount for each membership classification is as set out on the membership page, or as subsequently amended in accordance with the constitution.
- Membership will be accepted on the conditions of Rule 4 in accordance with the constitution.
- All paid memberships are for 12 months: the start date of a new membership is the date a membership form is received with payment in an acceptable form – all membership packages include GST.
- Once membership is accepted, exchanges or refunds are not available on membership packages; in the event that an incorrect membership is purchased, an alternative membership may be selected at the discretion of the General Manager and monetary differences must be paid &/or refunded, with a refund request to be submitted in writing to the station [email protected]
- Voting rights are dependent on the classification of membership (see below)
- Renewal: payment in an acceptable form is to be received within one calendar month of renewal date to retain continuity of membership for voting rights
- Privacy: personal information will be collected for the purpose of fulfilling your membership and for JOY 94.9 to communicate with you – the privacy of information is important to us at JOY, see the privacy page for full details
- Any decision made by JOY 94.9 is final and binding – while contents of this page have been carefully compiled and the information is believed to be true and correct at the time of publishing – the Board of Directors of JOY Melbourne Inc, their agents and/or servants will not hold themselves responsible for any errors or omissions.
|Membership Classification||Subscription Rate||Voting Rights||Can claim prizes? (1 per qualifying period)|
|business / organisation||business||no||yes|
|family up to 6 names in all, only one mailing address is allowed||family||2 votes provided the person is not a minor||yes one prize per family, and only qualify as 1 entry per regular on-air prize draw|
|individual for a person||full concession under 18||yes provided the person is not a minor||yes|
|a non-person eg. a pet or car||same as owner: full concession under 18||no||yes|
Merchandise and Tickets
By purchasing merchandise / tickets or other items from JOY 94.9 you agree to be bound by the following conditions:
- You may purchase an item by telephone (or online when available) – by doing so you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The item price is as listed and includes GST, and is payable in advance.
- If posted a postage & handling charge per item is additional to purchase price.
- Items will be despatched when we receive payment in an acceptable form.
- Items may be collected from the station if this service is available.
- If posted, the station is not responsible for delayed or lost items.
- Refunds and exchanges are not permitted if you change your mind.
- JOY 94.9 complies with Australian consumer guarantees law and will provide a refund or exchange if the item you purchase is faulty or materially different to the item description. A refund request to be submitted in writing to the General Manager; proof of purchase is required; item to be returned at your cost; refund or repair/exchange of item is at our discretion; a refund will be in the same form as the original payment
- Notwithstanding point 7 – if you have an issue or problem that does not qualify for a refund or exchange, please contact the General Manager in writing and we will make every effort to find a mutually beneficial solution
- Any decision made by JOY 94.9 is final and binding. While contents of this page have been carefully compiled and the information is believed to be true and correct at the time of publishing, the Board of Directors of JOY Melbourne Inc, their agents and/or servants will not hold themselves responsible for any errors or omissions.
Prizes and Competitions
- A person need not be present to be declared a prize winner.
- Committee members, current on-air presenters, employees of JOY Melbourne Inc., associations and other organisations are not eligible for competition entry or to win any prizes.
- Prizes are not redeemable for other goods or services and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Personal information provided to JOY Melbourne Inc. will be used for JOY Melbourne Inc. membership servicing and promotions only. No personal information is disclosed to third parties, including other organisations and individuals.
- JOY Melbourne Inc. will not be responsible for any delayed, lost or misdirected mail or any other communication.
- To the fullest extent possible by law, by accepting a prize, competition prize winners agree to release JOY Melbourne Inc. from any claim, loss, damage, expense (including any claim for legal expenses), cost or charge sustained in any way incurred by and/or in connection with participation in the promotion and/or in use of the prize.
- JOY Melbourne Inc. will not be responsible for any act, omission, failure or delay by the JOY Melbourne Inc. which is due to acts of God, riots, acts of terrorism, storms, fire, any labour or industrial dispute, any strike, an other acts which are not reasonably within the control of JOY Melbourne Inc.
- The promoter is JOY Melbourne Inc. ABN 52 334 960 331.
- In the case of dispute the decision of JOY Melbourne Inc. will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes must be collected from JOY Melbourne Inc. offices within 28 days of the available pick up date advised to the winner.
By using the JOY website, you accept the following conditions:
- JOY accepts no responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained on or accessed through any the JOY site and makes no representations about its suitability for any particular purpose. Users should make their own judgments about those matters. To the extent permitted by law, JOY excludes all liability for loss or damage arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information contained on or accessed through any JOY site whether or not caused by any negligence on the part of JOY or its listeners, employees, contractors or agents.
- Information or materials which are offensive, pornographic, unsuitable for minors’ access or otherwise of a criminal or violent nature may be accessible through any JOY site either as a result of hacking or material placed on linked websites. JOY makes no representations as to the suitability of the information accessible for viewing by minors or any other person.
- You assume all risks associated with use of any JOY site including, without limitation:
- The risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via any JOY site or your access to it; or
- The risk that the content of any JOY site and linked websites contravenes with the laws of any country outside Australia;
- The risk that any information or material you download from the JOY site or any linked website infringes third party rights including copyright.
- Your use of any JOY site may be logged for the purpose of security and usage monitoring.
- Unauthorised use of any JOY site could result in criminal prosecution.
- All of the joy.org.au sites are hosted on web servers in Australia or the United States of America. These terms are governed by the law in the force in the State of Victoria in the Commonwealth of Australia and any dispute about these terms or the contents of any JOY site are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria and the courts of appeal from them